Monday, July 9, 2012

Washi Jar


Ursula sent over another project. weeee!


 Here's what she has to say:

"Do you remember 'The Republic of Tea?  
Well there was a time when I used a LOT of their products and I ended up with a LOT of their sweet little cans.  But what can you do with so many?

I tore off the label and ended up with the naked can.


Next, I used standard Masking Tape to cover the can, 
making sure to start each piece of tape in the same place so my seam would all be on the back.


Finally, choose a few favorite washi tapes in your color of choice and, beginning where the masking tape seam is, tape down one strip of tape at a time.  When you get to the top, some will be over hanging.  Grab a pair of sharp tipped scissors and snip at 1/4 inch intervals all the way around.  Then, just push those pieces down over the edge to cover it. 


I finished with a Label sticker and some letter stickers from Studio Calico to spell the word 'Sweet'. 
Add a final little decorative piece and fill with your favorite sweetener.  Recycling at it's best!


 


Have a tin jar?
Go cover it with some washi!

xoxo, Doe.

2 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online