Friday, June 13, 2014

Tutoral Friday By ADRIENNE


Hello lovelies!  I'm here today with a layout I created and a peek into my design process using some basic scrapbooking supplies and the June OHDEERME kit.  

When I first saw the clear alphas in this month's kit, I knew I wanted to use watercolors to create a background to place the alphas on so I grabbed my watercolors, some watercolor paper, and some of my favorite embellies from this month's kit and went to work.


I used a piece of 8.5x11 watercolor paper, chose some summer-y colors from my watercolor palette, and brushed them onto my page in large squares.  


After the watercolors dried, I placed my photos and title on my page and rearranged them until I found the placement I liked.


I stitched the clear alphas onto my page using my sewing machine and some aqua thread for a little pop of color. 


And here's my completed page...


I layered a few more embellishments from the June kit around my photo and added a few black ink splotches here and there for contrast.  


I typed my journaling on my computer, printed it off, and adhered it next to my title using some glue dots and was done! 


I'm trying to keep my overall designs and creative processes simple since it's summertime and my family and I are traveling quite a bit.  Using a large title and the fabulous OHDEERME kits from Freckled Fawn are very helpful in achieving this.  I hope I've given you a little inspiration for your next layout and I hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online