Friday, April 17, 2015

Tutorial Friday By MEGAN - Embellishment Window


Embellishment Window Tutorial | Megan Anderson The Nerd Nest 1 Hi everyone! It's Megan here today with a little tutorial on making an embellishment window! This trick is great if you want a gathering or cluster of embellishments on your page, but still want a clean design. Embellishment Window Tutorial | Megan Anderson The Nerd Nest 2 You'll need a ruler, embellishments, two pieces of paper in roughly equal size (one for the frame and one for the base), precision knife, your preferred adhesive for your embellishment of choice, and foam adhesive dots. Embellishment Window Tutorial | Megan Anderson The Nerd Nest 3 Begin by cutting out your frame. I wanted an inch frame all around, so I laid my ruler an inch down on the paper and cut starting one inch from the side and continuing until I reached one inch from the opposite side. Repeat this on all sides and you've cut out your window! Embellishment Window Tutorial | Megan Anderson The Nerd Nest 4 You could also use a large punch or a cutter to make a window in a non-rectangular shape. Embellishment Window Tutorial | Megan Anderson The Nerd Nest 5 Begin arranging your embellishments on the base paper. I used Grey and White Glitter Resin Clouds from freckled fawn and raindrop stickers from Ruby Rock-It. Keep laying your frame over your embellishment arrangement as you go to get a preview of how the final project will look. If you are letting some embellishments run off of the edge, it can be hard to tell if your cluster is balanced without being able to see what will be cut off. Embellishment Window Tutorial | Megan Anderson The Nerd Nest 6 Attach your frame to your base! I like using pop dots so the frame rises above the embellishments, but if you are using more flat embellishments, non-dimensional adhesive will work as well. Embellishment Window Tutorial | Megan Anderson The Nerd Nest 8 Here's another example using wood chips! Embellishment Window Tutorial | Megan Anderson The Nerd Nest 7 I'm excited to use my embellishment window! Mine is going on a page about my foster baby with Storm at Comicon, but these can also be great as cards (I'd make this one a get well soon card: Hope you aren't feeling under the weather soon!), as covers to mini-albums, or in pocket pages (you might want to go for a flatter version there). How would you use this technique?


2 comments:

  1. May I ask what the paper brand/pattern is. I purchased the clouds to scrap lift your awesome design because I love it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Jayna, I just saw this comment!

      The pattern is Basic Grey from Kelly Purkey's Mon Ami line. I used the 6x6 paper pad. Here it is on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Grey-Paper-6-Inch-36-Pack/dp/B00I811STU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439568386&sr=8-1&keywords=basic+grey+mon+ami+6x6+pad

      Delete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online